[Asterisk-Users] Why 's' doesn't take over unknown extensionincontext ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Mon Apr 11 14:37:53 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Wieling aka ManxPower" <eric at fnords.org>
Non-Commercial Discussion" <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Why 's' doesn't take over unknown
extensionincontext ?

> Steve Mann wrote:
>> I think it is "i" you want, "s" is the start for a context, meaning
>> anything
>> coming in through that context will start there, "i" is invalid, and
>> fires
>> if an invalid extension is keyed in that context.
>
> "s" is run when a call comes in and Asterisk does not know the dialed
> number.  It does NOT mean "meaning anything coming in through that context
> will start there"
> __
Hi,

thanks for explanation... I had this working, but for calls from CAPI - I
remember that Asterisk said something about "back off to default 's'
extension" or something similar. Obviously chan_capi didn't send called
number to Asterisk and this happened, but that's not the case with Zap
calls...

Thanks,

Rob.