[Asterisk-Users] Changing DTMF mode depending on codec chosen

Andre Normandin anorman at superdata.com
Mon Apr 11 14:09:06 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm not quite sure if this can be done, but..

I use BROADVOICE as my outbound primary.  I have both g.729 and ulaw as my
outbound preference with BROADVOICE. It seems that sometimes broadvoice
honors my g.729 request, and that is the codec chosen for the outbound call
via broadvoice.. Other times, I get ulaw.

The problem is, when I'm using g.729 I get 'inband is not supported on this
codec'.. And when I'm using ulaw, rfc2833 doesn't seem to work..

Am I doing something wrong, or is it true that the dtmfmode has to change
depending on which codec is being used. And, if that is the case, how can I
tell asterisk to change the dtmfmode for the call depending on which codec
is being used for the call?

 Thanks in advance,
            - Andre