[Asterisk-Users] DS3000P - 20 E1 capacity on single card

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Apr 11 12:01:21 MST 2005

Remco Barende wrote:
> like it says, the equivalent of 20 E1's or 28 T1's
>
> and I guess you know how many channels a E1 or T1 PRI is

That is correct; the DS3000P will support full access to every channel
on the DS-3 (or E-3), however it is provisioned. In a T1-RBS signaling
mode, that means 672 voice channels. In a T1-PRI signaling mode, it
could be as many as 670 or as few as 644, depending on how many
D-channels are provisioned.

The same logic applies to E-3 mode: since an E-3 is the equivalent of 16
E-1, the channel capacity will vary from 496 to 480, depending on
signaling mode.