[Asterisk-Users] SIP outbound call audio quality change

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Apr 11 11:18:45 MST 2005

Paul wrote:
> I recently hooked up my sipura IP phone and set it up as an SIP device to
> POTS line. After approximately 1 minute, the quality turns horrible and the
> person can no longer hear me, but I can faintly here them. There is a lot of
> static on the line, it almost sounds like an electronic device is

I had a sipura that did this, and had to RMA it.  Mine was worse
though... the static started immediately so you couldn't actually hear
the other end unless they shouted.

Apparently it's not uncommon for Sipuras to have a certain amount of
static hiss (The replacement I got had it, before it self-destructed,
and the one a friend has in Australia has it quite badly, but he doesn't
mind).  It's just whether it bothers you or not.

I'd definately RMA one that is as bad as yours though.

Tony