[Asterisk-Users] Connection to SIP Gateway

Karras, Darin dkarras at excelswitching.com
Mon Apr 11 11:11:20 MST 2005

I have an Asterisk at home PBX and it is working with internal calls.  I am
trying to connect it to a gateway.  I would like to have all calls that
are not internal extensions be forwarded via SIP to this gateway.  I
have added the gateway to the sip.conf, and when I type "sip show
peers", I see the gateway listed.  When I try to make a call that routes
there, I get all circuits are busy.  I look through ethereal and it
doesn't look like the call is forwarding to gateway.  I have the SIP
Trunk added and the Outbound routing is set to the SIP Trunk.  I am not
sure why the call isn't being forwarded to the gateway.  Please let me
know what you think I am missing.

Thanks,

Darin

Darin Karras

Senior Network Analyst
Phone:   508-862-3202

Excel Switching Corporation
Fax:        508-862-8462

75 Perseverance Way
E-mail:    dkarras at excelswitching.com

Hyannis, MA  02601
Internet:   www.excelswitching.com

This email message and any attachments to it contain confidential
information that is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, printing, or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please delete it or inform the sender.