[Asterisk-Users] TDM400p reliability????

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 11 12:05:23 MST 2005

> I have been reading about some of the problems encountered with the
> TDM400p cards needing a reboot. I am still testing my system so I have
> not seen this yet. Also my card is showing as a version 2 when I run
> 'modprobe wtcdm' - is this problem in this card as well. If so can
> anyone recommend cards that can support FXS and FXO with PSTN (need
> standard POTS line connectivity) that are reliable and do not require
> this rebooting (I know about the CISCO cards and the 1760 but that
> solution is way too expensive $$$$)

The easiest way to identify the card version is to type "dmesg" from
the unix command line. You should see output like:

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Specify address with base=0xNNNNN
Registered Tormenta2 PCI
PCI: Found IRQ 7 for device 02:0a.0
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV H (4 modules)

The one shown above is REV H.