[Asterisk-Users] Setgroup & Checkgroup

Damian Funnell damian.funnell at fff.co.nz
Mon Apr 11 10:40:02 MST 2005

I would try setting the group name to something shorter and less likely
to conflict with any reserved system names (try something arbitrary like
'group1', 'group2', etc.

Our experience with SetGroup certainly doesn't indicate that using two
or more setgroups results in previous ones reverting to zero - we have a
total of four SetGroups and these are set and checked extensively
through our dial plan and they work fine.

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Damian Funnell wrote:
>
>> Hi Ronald,
>>
>> We use SetGroup/CheckGroup and your syntax appears to be fine (either
>> that or ours is broken too, but it seems to work ok!)
>> One question - what lines do you have in priority 1 - 3?  We found
>> that our dial plan would not work unless the first priority (for all
>> extensions) was 1 and unless the priorities increased an integer at a
>> time (not sure if this is by design or not, but was the only way it
>> would work regardless).
>

> It starts correct with 1 (there are some NoOp and ENUM lookup, which
> is not interesting for that case)
>

>> Also (and this is really grasping at straws), have you tried using
>> different group names in case 'sip-1x' has any special meaning?
>> These names can be anything that is meaningful and we use the format
>> 'line28x' for our group names (which works fine).
>

> The real group name is sip-xxxxxxxxxxxx (my phone number) I have
> shorten it at the example.
>
> I read somewhere, if you have TWO or more Setgroup than all previous
> ones will be set to zero back!!! If that is the case than it makes not
> much sense to use it that way I do. As you can see in the CLI outputs,
> I copied, it uses a different name of the group variable.
>

> bye
>
> Ronald
>

>> Good luck!
>>

>> Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
>>
>>> I have some troubles to use Setgroup / Checkgroup!!!
>>>
>>> I setup a test (NoOP's are deleted): First caller should get first
>>> line, second caller should get second line, third caller should get
>>> busy and send an email. Note, that I used twice here to check the
>>> first line!!!
>>>

>>> [trunkint_A]
>>>
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,104,SetGroup(sip-13)        ; increase Group counter
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,105,CheckGroup(1)            ; check no more than
>>> 1 in this group
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,106,NoOp(Line 106)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,107,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}}@sip-13)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,108,hangup
>>> ;
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,206,SetGroup(sip-12)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,207,CheckGroup(1)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,208,NoOp(Line 208)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,209,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}}@sip-12)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,210,hangup
>>> ;
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,308,SetGroup(sip-13)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,309,CheckGroup(1)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,310,NoOp(Line 310)
>>> exten => _90NZZZZ.,311,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}}@sip-13)