[Asterisk-Users] Line Noise HELP!

Paul junk at irqx.com
Mon Apr 11 10:29:34 MST 2005

I recently hooked up my sipura IP phone and set it up as an SIP device to
connect to asterisk. I am able to dial a number on the SIP phone, connect to
an external number via the PSTN connected to asterisk and begin the
conversation. At first, the audio quality is PERFECT, in both directions. I
can hear the person clearly and they claim to hear me like im on a regular
POTS line. After approximately 1 minute, the quality turns horrible and the
person can no longer hear me, but I can faintly here them. There is a lot of
static on the line, it almost sounds like an electronic device is
interfering with it. I thought maybe it was a wireless phone or router, so I
disconnected all those and put my cell phone in the other room. Still no
change. Anyone have any ideas, this is really getting to be a problem.

Paul