[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - SS7 or ISDN

Markku Korpi Markku at Korpi.de
Mon Apr 11 09:31:45 MST 2005

Brian Capouch wrote:

>>> ISDN is supported out of the box. SS7 support is (or will soon be?)
>>> supported by a commercial version of Asterisk. Search the list
>>> archives or
>>> post to asterisk-biz.
>> Steve Underwood (here on the list) has a commercial ss7 solution for
>> asterisk.
>>
> Does anyone know how to find out any of the specs on the product,
> particularly what it costs to license?
As reported by Steve on the list, the long waited SS7 is now finally
available for Asterisk after several months of live beta testing with
VoIP operators in Europe and Asia. Our SS7 LIBISUP solution is fully
integrated with Asterisk over Zaptel and works with the Digium
TE410/405/110 cards without any additional external equipment.

I have just added some information in Wiki on our solution:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+SS7

The interested integrators can contact me off the list about the
licensing and partnership.

> I have sent him a small river of mails over the past six or eight months
> asking that question, which seems pretty primal.  I've never gotten a
> response.
I apologize for my and Steve's part for the long silence and "shutting
the doors", while testing.

> I suppose now I'll hear that my mail agent is eating his responses. That
> would actually be *good* news.

I hope we have now the really good news...

Markku
Cosini Technologies