[Asterisk-Users] Getting CVS HEAD

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 09:27:40 MST 2005

Here's an excerpt from that page. Obviously, the hyperlinks are
missing for some things, but I would reccommend rereading the page,
specifically where it says, "...download a tarball of the released
sources..." These are release versions.

If you want the CVS Head version, perhaps where it says, "To check out
code from our CVS repository:" would be the place to look.

Download Asterisk

You can download a tarball of the released sources at
ftp://ftp.asterisk.org/pub/asterisk.
You can download the tarball files directly here:
Asterisk
Zaptel
Libpri
Asterisk-addons
Asterisk-sounds

You'll need Asterisk, and if you're using Digium's hardware you'll
need zaptel.  For T1 or E1 interfaces you'll also need libpri. You
will need bison in order to build Asterisk. The ncurses and
ncurses-devel packages are required if you wish to build the new tools
(e.g. astman). Installation should be in this order: zaptel, libpri,
Asterisk

The fastest way to obtain Asterisk is to use CVSup.

To check out Asterisk using CVSup, create a sup file as follows:

*default host=cvs.digium.com
*default base=/usr/src
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
asterisk
libpri
zaptel

Perhaps call it "asterisk-sup" and put it in /usr/src

Then simply:
# cd /usr/src
# cvsup asterisk-sup
Or, you can obtain Asterisk by checking out a fresh copy from our CVS Server.

To check out code from our CVS repository:

# cd /usr/src
# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
# cvs login		- the password is anoncvs.

# cvs checkout zaptel libpri asterisk