[Asterisk-Users] Re: PTSN POTS Differences SOLVED

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 09:13:59 MST 2005

In article <BE7FD12F.1A2CD%rkeller at ferndale.wednet.edu>,
Robert Keller <rkeller at ferndale.wednet.edu> wrote:
> Tony, I don't see "${EXTEN}" anywhere in the [macro-dialout-trunk] context.
> Am I missing something?

It's probably ${ARG2}.

When you call Macro(name,1,${EXTEN}), say for extension 1234, then the
macro [macro-name] gets called with ${ARG1} containing 1, and ${ARG2}
containing 1234.

Somewhere in [macro-dialout-trunk] you probably have the command:

Dial(whatever/something/${ARG2},options)

If that's true, you just need to put the w before ${ARG2}.

I've never seen Asterisk at Home, so if the above doesn't match what you
have, perhaps you could post the contents of [macro-dialout-trunk].

Cheers
Tony

> Robert Andrew Keller
> Ferndale School District #502
> rkeller at ferndale.wednet.edu
> 360-383-9228 PH.
> 360-383-9218 FAX
> "Paving the way for tomorrows genius."
>
> > From: tony at softins.clara.co.uk (Tony Mountifield)
> > Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:48:19 +0000 (UTC)
> > To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> > Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Re: PTSN POTS Differences SOLVED
> >
> > In article <BE7F361F.1A279%rkeller at ferndale.wednet.edu>,
> > Robert Keller <rkeller at ferndale.wednet.edu> wrote:
> >> Thanks Rich, I wasn't sure where to find that context. I found the outbound
> >> context in the extensions_additional.conf and added w's in the following
> >> manner:
> >>
> >> [outrt-001-Out1]
> >> include => outrt-001-Out1-custom
> >> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,w${EXTEN})
> >> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Macro(outisbusy)    ; No available circuits
> >> exten => _9.,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,w${EXTEN:1})
> >> exten => _9.,2,Macro(outisbusy)    ; No available circuits
> >> exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,w${EXTEN})
> >> exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Macro(outisbusy)    ; No available circuits
> >> exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,w${EXTEN})
> >> exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Macro(outisbusy)    ; No available circuits
> >
> > Couldn't you have just put the w in once, in the Dial command that
> > is inside [macro-dialout-trunk] ?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tony
> > --