[Asterisk-Users] Can you comment on this Qos script? How does one shape RTP?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Apr 11 07:21:43 MST 2005

I used the one posted to this list and for a test did a
speedtest.dslreports.com bandwidth test duringa call, no loss in
quality.

I set ports 10000-11024 to RTP in rtp.conf, I dont need 10k ports for
that as I have few calls being processed.  I also added sip to the queue
although that prolly doesnt matter becuase its such a low bandwidth
protocol comparitevly speaking.

# udp/5060 is SIP
  tc filter add dev $DSLDEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip
dport 506
0 0xffff match ip protocol 17 0xff flowid 1:0
  tc filter add dev $DSLDEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 2 u32 match ip
sport 506
0 0xffff match ip protocol 17 0xff flowid 1:0

# udp/10000-11024 is RTP
  tc filter add dev $DSLDEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 u32 match ip
dport 100
00 0xf670 match ip protocol 17 0xff flowid 1:0
  tc filter add dev $DSLDEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 2 u32 match ip
sport 100