[Asterisk-Users] Can you comment on this Qos script? How does one shape RTP?

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Mon Apr 11 07:08:54 MST 2005

Honestly, the best script I've ever found is the wondershaper script (
google it ).  I tried the correct one posted in this thread, tried
modifying it, but in the end I just used wondershaper.

Does a great job.  My only fear is it doesn't specifically target IAX2
traffic as high priority, but I can modify it later to do so if needed.

On a 192 line I am able to get 4 ulaw ( IAX2 ) calls out with no
noticable problems.  Along with someone streaming a shoutcast station (
sigh ).  The station broke up, but the calls didn't.