[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma A101 + Rhino channelbank

Felician CHELU tehnic at intertel.ro
Mon Apr 11 06:51:40 MST 2005

Hello,

I have Asterisk 1.0.6 - I  try to setup Sangoma A101 T1 board together with
the Rhino fxs chanelbank.
Things done:
        -  T1 cross cable = I have carrier, signalling and framnig leds on
the channelbank green.
        - channelbank configuration:
                    t1 - Proto: LOOP  Frame: esf  Clock: slave   Coding:
b8zs
                    channels(analog) : Function:A-fxs    Mode:loop
        - zaptel.conf
                span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
                fxols=32-55
                (i have a span 1 with a digium e1)
        - zapata.conf
                .... signalling=fxo_ls
        - wanpipe1.conf

[devices]
wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT, Comment

[interfaces]
w1g1 = wanpipe1, , TDM_VOICE, Comment

[wanpipe1]
CARD_TYPE       = AFT
S514CPU         = A
CommPort        = PRI
AUTO_PCISLOT    = NO
PCISLOT         = 10
PCIBUS          = 2
FE_MEDIA        = T1
FE_LCODE        = B8ZS
FE_FRAME        = ESF
FE_LINE         = 1
TE_CLOCK        = MASTER
ACTIVE_CH       = ALL
TE_HIGHIMPEDANCE        = NO
LBO             = 0DB
INTERFACE       = V35
CLOCKING        = EXTERNAL
BaudRate        = 0
MTU             = 1500
UDPPORT         = 9000
TTL             = 255
IGNORE_FRONT_END = NO

[w1g1]
PROTOCOL        = HDLC
HDLC_STREAMING  = YES
ACTIVE_CH       = ALL
IDLE_FLAG       = 0x7E
MTU             = 1500
MRU             = 1500
TDMV_SPAN       = 2
TDMV_ECHO_OFF   = NO
MULTICAST       = NO
TRUE_ENCODING_TYPE      = NO

I already called Sangoma and Rhino support, but after hours of long distance
call conversation the problem is still not solved. Finnaly, a guy from Rhino
told me that their "asterisk expert" (which was not avaliable) knows about
this problem and that it is that the sangoma driver is not communicating
with asterisk.

The wanrouter starts ok, after ztcfg I see the channels configured.
The problem: i don't have dialtone on phones.

Question: When i enter zttoll, if i go to the sangoma span and I make "loop"
then it freezes. Is it normal?

If someone has experienced this combination and made it work please give me
a sign.

Thank you.

PS:

Felician