[Asterisk-Users] How to turn off automatic pick up for Incoming calls A@H v0.6

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 04:14:13 MST 2005

> I currently use another PBX system which takes care of VM. Is there a
> way to prevent Asterisk at Home v0.6  from picking up Incoming calls?
> I'd still like to dial out from Asterisk (I have IAX trunking on).  Is
> there a way to do this? My knowledge of the Extensions.conf is
> limited.
Go in AMP, click on "Maintenance" then "Config Edit"

Click on "zapata-channels.conf" and locate the channel that is your
incoming line. For the context of this line, put
"context=from-pstn-noanswer".

Then, go in "extensions_custom.conf" and define that context like this :
[from-pstn-noanswer]
exten => s,1,Wait,2   ; Wait 2 seconds, to get callerid
exten => s,2,Hangup

This will let your CDR grab the caller ID, then it will hangup, so it
won't answer the line.
If you don't want the Caller ID, just define it like this :
[from-pstn-noanswer]
exten => s,1,Hangup

hth