[Asterisk-Users] 4 x ISDN2 hardware...?

Marc mailings at bhosted.nl
Sun Apr 10 23:29:55 MST 2005

Hi,

I've done some testing with asterisk and I must say I'm very impressed by
all the features. Now I want to create a production environment and am
looking into all the available ISDN cards. The cards I've found are:

1. AVM C4 (1300 euro's)
2. Eicon Diva with 4 ISDN2 ports (even more expensive)
3. Junghanss card with 4 ISDN2 ports (600 euro's)

Besides the voice part, I would also like to be able to receive and send
faxes. Which card is best?

If I understand it correctly, the junghanss card is a 4 port HFC card. I
tested Asterisk with another 1 port HFC card and rxfax, but found out that
not all faxes are received correctly. As my business is depending on faxes,
I find it very important that the incoming faxes are received correctly.

Does anybody have experience with receiving faxes with the AVM C4? I assume
that it is fully supported by Asterisk and the analog modem to receive faxes
as implemented in the hardware of the AVM C4?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Marc