[Asterisk-Users] SIP outgoing problem

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Apr 10 20:35:21 MST 2005

Paul wrote:

> I have a Sipura SPA-841. I have configured my SIP.conf and extensions.conf
> to allow the phone to dial an outside number via my Zap/2 PSTN. When I pick
> up the handset I get a dialtone, however, when I press 9, the dialtone
> stops. I assumed it would pause for a moment and give me another dialtone
> for dialing my outside number. This phone has a softkey that's labeled
> "Dial".....if you dial a number, you have to either wait for a few moments
> for the line to pick up, or press the dial softkey and it will dial the
> number. If I dial "92125551212" and then press dial, it will dial out. I
> would like to be able to pick up the handset, press 9, get a dialtone and
> then dial the 10 digit number without having to press any softkeys. Does
> anyone have any ideas??

You need to look at the dialplan on the SIPura device.  The docs for
the SPA-841 are not very complete when it comes to dialplans, but
SIPura uses the same dialplan syntax across all their products.

Here is the (very simple) dialplan on one of my SIPura phones:

(9,1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|9,[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxx)

Notice the ,  That tells the SIPura to continue the dialtone after it
gets a leading 9.  As you can see, there are no overlapping patterns,
so as soon as what you dial matches a patterns the SIPura will dial.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain