[Asterisk-Users] Re: International callback strategies

Hakem Taourchi ht at phonitel.com
Sun Apr 10 15:17:30 MST 2005

Actually, these problematics are classical to many countries:

1-) If you put russian sim card in a GSM modem, it can receive missed
calls from people who call and hang up and their caller id (most local
mobile operators generally get caller Id). Based on this input from GSM
modem, you can trigger the callback system to call back on that
particular number;

2-) You can create DID system. That is, you buy 1000 DID, and each
customer has got a dedicated US did. So when your Callback Systems
receive call on DID 101 (without hang up), the callback system knows
upfront who to callback;

3-) SMS callback is by far very popular these days for countries with
these constraints. Of course, you cannot serve the whole world in your
hand. But generally, there are more GSM subscribers these days than land
line subscribers.