[Asterisk-Users] Terrible crackling on analogue line and X100P card

Damian Funnell damian.funnell at fff.co.nz
Sun Apr 10 10:19:43 MST 2005

Rich Adamson - would appreciate your advice as well, as your mail is the
closest I have seen to a knowledgeable response so far in regards to
this crackling issue.  I have a customer who has a very similar
crackling problem and to date we have suspected it to be the ISDN BRI
adapter and/or CAPI, as it affects calls in progress over the genuine
TDM400P card (which has 4 FXS ports) and SIP simultaneously.

Although the nature of this problem seems to vary, the customer reports
that the crackling usually starts when an external call is received at
which time the crackling overwhelms all voice channels and everyone has
to hang up and re-establish the calls (after which everything works fine
again).

Could it be possible that a problem with the TDM400P could affect SIP
calls on Asterisk as well?

I don't think I have an interrupt problem (see interrupt table pasted
below) and the output of zttest appears to be ok (at least as good as
99.96% accuracy), so we are stumped.  Linux, Asterisk and ISDN driver
versions as follows.  Appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers,
Damian.

1) Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56
EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

2) Asterisk 1.0.6 built by root at localhost.localdomain on a i686 running
Linux

3) divas4linux_2_4_21_4_RHEL3_i686_SMP-104.345-1

***  zttest output  ***
--- Results after 43 passes ---
Best: 99.975586 -- Worst: 99.963379

***  End zttest output  ***

***  Interrupt Table  ***
[root at localhost root]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:   40674647          0    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:        969          0    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  6:        282          0    IO-APIC-edge  floppy
  8:          1          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 12:       7132          0    IO-APIC-edge  PS/2 Mouse
 14:       6650          1    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 16:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci
 17:  406583244          0   IO-APIC-level  wctdm
 18:    5450488          0   IO-APIC-level  eth0
 19:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci
 21:   11834725          0   IO-APIC-level  DIVA 4BRI 15587
 23:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  ehci-hcd
 27:     339738          0   IO-APIC-level  a320raid
NMI:          0          0
LOC:   40673196   40672862
ERR:          0
MIS:          0