[Asterisk-Users] S100I - competitive price?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Sun Apr 10 09:17:18 MST 2005

I'm sorry, I don't mean to knock on digium but this quote "at a highly
competitive price." is just wrong, and for some reason, it struck a nerve.

I guess they are saying this because its IAX and not SIP? Its not
competitive because I can buy a PAP2-NA for $50. Granted, the PAP2s don't
speak IAX, but for $50 less AND an extra FX port, I'll choose it over IAXy.

I was really hoping the new IAXy would have 2 ports for $99. We like digium
products and want to support them, but hardly any of our installs need
single ports. These really should have a 2nd ethernet port for passthru so
you can stack them.

I'd like to see an S200I, a S600I, a S120I and a S240I. But the S240I needs
to be cheaper than an Adtran channel bank off ebay.

<rant filter off>
-Matthew