[Asterisk-Users] CallerID name lookup AGI script

Brian Dingman bdingman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:16:57 MST 2005

Jim,
Thanks for sharing this. I am currently using cidlookup.agi written by
James Golovich. http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/

However the problem I have with that script and probably this one also
is that my provider sends the number as +16105551212 so I need a way
to strip out the leading two characters.  Right now his just removes
everything non-numeric but that still leaves me with 16105551212 which
fails on lookups:
#remove everything non numeric from callerid string
$callerid =~ s/[^\d]//g;

I know nothing about scripting in perl. Can you offer any assistance
in how to strip the 2 leading characters? His callerid script is part
of the asterisk-perl package at http://asterisk.gnuinter.net/ ---
might want to take a look at how he does his URL queries for info as
well if you haven't already.

I really like the additional npa/nxx lookup that you are doing. Maybe
combining your efforts with his script would be helpful. He also
cache's the lookup to a directory to improve performance.