[Asterisk-Users] Can you comment on this Qos script? How does one shape RTP?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Apr 10 09:12:27 MST 2005

cmisip wrote:

>I initially used that script without modification.  However, I noticed
>that all traffic was going through class 1:102 regardless. Seems as if
>all the children of 1:20 are set with a prio of 0 by default even if
>1:20 is specifically set to prio of 2.  I used

My setup is a little different.  I have eth0 as my public interface and
tap1 as my OpenVPN adapter.  I'm running the script on both eth0 and tap0.

I see the 1:10 increasing on tap0 only when I make a call and the 1:100
on the eth0 increasing when I do everthing else.

Before using the scripts, audio was awful when downloading/uploading.
Now, I can even max out my uplink and still have great audio.

Doug