[Asterisk-Users] Terrible crackling on analogue line and X100Pcard

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 10 06:38:31 MST 2005

> > > [DC]
> > >
> > > Well mine is legitimate digium
> > >
> > > And I'm in the usa
> > >

> > > Here is the output but I have no idea what that means?
> > >
> > > [root at asterisk1 root]# cat /proc/interrupts
> > >            CPU0
> > >   0:     490763          XT-PIC  timer
> > >   1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
> > >   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
> > >   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
> > >   9:    4885971          XT-PIC  wcfxo
> > >  10:      34309          XT-PIC  eth0
> > >  11:    4885856          XT-PIC  wcfxo
> > >  12:    4886150          XT-PIC  ztdummy, usb-uhci
> > >  14:       7662          XT-PIC  ide0
> > > NMI:          0
> > > ERR:          0
> >
> > The digium card used in the US will match the telco impedance specs.
> >
> > Your x100p card is on interrupt 9 by itself (not shared with any
> > other i/o device). That's a good thing.
> >
> > Those two items rule out a number of items in terms of what
> > might be causing the crackling noise.
> >
> > What * version are you using Dean? Have you tried other versions?
> >
>  [DC]
> I use Asterisk at home V 0.8
> [DC] this has been an ongoing problem so not sure if it is related to
> version (as I've used asterisk head up until about 6 months ago and
> version 0.4,0.6 and now 0.8 version of A at H
> [DC]

There has been some development going on (and some maintenance)
relative to iax, rtp, jitterbuffer, etc. Maybe something did or didn't
get moved into stable impacting this.

My next step would be to implement cvs-head to see if that corrects
the problem. Don't know of any other way to ID the issue other then
that.