[Asterisk-Users] Fax, which one do I need?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun Apr 10 01:50:13 MST 2005

I am lucky that everytime I want to lookup something on the wiki, it is
not available, ... Last time I was lucky to read about faxes, but was
more or less confused about many different approaches to solve it.

What can I get ?  (Which feature, which comfort, fax in, fax out, ....)

I have multiple gateways:
2 Zap lines
1 sipgate uk
1 sipgate de
1 NuFone
x broadvoice

and the list is grwoing!

I do NOT want to install a fax machine! In fact I had the last year used
my fax machine on a dedicated line just for two pages faxes!!

I would like to send a fax (how?)
I would like to receive a fax and transfer it to an email (how?)
depending on the extension number. Would it be possible, that extension
number 1234 (phone) could receive a fax - autodetect it as a fax and
send it as an email to the voicemail.conf's email address?

bye

Ronald