[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Servers and One Central Voicemail

Anton Jackson-Smith landrocker at dyingstar.net
Sat Apr 9 21:56:55 MST 2005

Luki wrote:

>Your setup looks like it should work just fine. Remember extensions do
>not have to be numeric, so you could have an extension pattern
>_vmbXXXX and _vmuXXXX.

Excellent, I didn't realise this

>My question is: how do you get MWI to work? You know, the shutter tone
>or the MWI LED indicator on certain phones?

Unfortunately I haven't considered this at all, as the phones we're
testing with don't support either. The only thing I can think of is
getting the voicemail server to provide a stutter dialtone via DISA, but
that is very likely inappropriate depending on the setup

Anton