[Asterisk-Users] Configuring the Sipura for static IP and registering with Asterisk.

Michael D Schelin mike at shelcomm.com
Sat Apr 9 21:32:23 MST 2005

There is very little difference between configuring a static IP or
DHCP.  You need the basic 3 things like the IP address, Sub net mask,
and Gateway address. For DNS use the dns servers address's supplied by
you ISP.  Make sure you turn on the use DNS setting in the Sipura unless
you use IP address only. A sip registration failure can be many things.
Your Service provider should have given you basic settings.  Any one of
them can be typed in wrong. You must go over each setting. A common
failure is the auth. password. Also make sure you use a stun server.
Even if the IP is public, It doesn't hurt anything to use it. Most of
the time stun servers use port 3478. So your entry should be ip-address:3478

I hope this helps a little

Mike