[Asterisk-Users] SPA and NAT traversal

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Apr 9 11:25:01 MST 2005

Jim Sturtevant wrote:

> I was hoping someone might help me diagnose a NAT issue with an SPA-2000 and
> my * server.
>
> My SPA is behind a NAT accessing a server which is also behind a NAT but SIP
> and RTP ports are forwarded to it.
>
> My SPA can successfully register.  It can call another extension which is
> inside the * local net and the inside phone can call the SPA.  But, no
> speech path either way.  I have NAT=YES and the two invite parameters are
> set to NO.

I'm desperately trying to get your sip.conf file telepathically but
all I'm getting is images from your Martha Stewart porn collection.
*shudder*

In addition to nat=yes you also need localnet= and externip= set, as
shown in sip.conf.sample.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain