[Asterisk-Users] Convertnig from Norstar to * to save money

Mike Robinson mike.robinson at citel.com
Fri Apr 8 14:16:20 MST 2005

Snacktime, it sounds like you are trying to build a business case for
the migration from Norstar to *. If so, there is a solution that makes
the business case a no-brainer.  There is a gateway that enables you to
re-use all your Norstar phones and wiring but replace the PBX itself
with *. You get rid of the Norstar and move to the full IP PBX
capabilities of * (and eliminate the PBX maintenance $), but you don't
have to spend a bunch of money on new IP phones and the LAN upgrade to
power them. Since the cost and hassle of the migration is reduced, the
business case is much easier to make.  Also, any nervous execs feel more
comfortable with the switch because the phone on their desk doesn't
change and you can always go back quickly if things don't work out.  See
the wiki link below for more info.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digital%20Telephone%20Adapt
ers