[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Google Group?

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 8 13:10:13 MST 2005

tim panton <tpanton at attglobal.net> writes:

> On 8 Apr 2005, at 20:02, Bruno Hertz wrote:

>> I don't know at all how it's currently implemented. All I say is
>> that, from
>> the technical pov, proxying any list through such a group should be
>> feasible,
>> without incurring major troubles.
>>

> Given that Google are describing this as a 'beta' perhaps someone
> who understands this issue should make an RFE to them?

I guess rather not. Looking at it a second time, especially at the group
description http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Asterisk-test/about
one can guess what's happened here, and that most likely neither is google
involved nor is this group an actual mirror.

My hypothesis: someone created this group, as any registered user can,
and just subscribed that group's email address Asterisk-test at googlegroups.com
to the list. Espcially, postings to the group then will not be propagated
to this list but stay local there. Most likely just some user creating kind
of his own searchable archive while possibly misleading new users to think it
might be a legitimate asterisk group.

Maybe even a reaction to the recent discussion about forums and stuff.

Regards, Bruno.