[Asterisk-Users] Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

Ben Hencke brainstar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:50:56 MST 2005

Do you have /dev/zap* files? (not in subdirectory)
If so, maybe something is wrong with the udev configs.
If not, maybe the zaptel module is not loading.

The /dev/zap/* files are created with the zaptel module before any card
specific module.

Do you have any messages when starting the zaptel module?
/etc/init.d/zaptel stop
modprobe zaptel

- Ben

On Apr 8, 2005 8:17 AM, Juan Luis Moyano <juanmoyano at southecon.com.ar>