[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk based Call Accounting software - 1strelease

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Apr 8 10:43:33 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 18:08 +0200, ht at phonitel.com wrote:
> Ronald,
> What are other solutions available that can offer web based access and work with
> Asterisk?

I dont know what solutions are available as a whole, but for custom
requirements I have been tossing Master.csv (I am not using CVS so I
dont have a good mysql interface, my choice) into mysql via a simple
script.  From there I have a php app that will query the database and
show me very simple data (I have only worked on it just enough to get it
to do what I need) but rate tables could easily be applied, a webpage
allows you to access it from virtually any system with network access to
the server (private lan or public internet depending on requirements).
Most web browsers easily integrate with a printer which would allow for
a printed invoice of charges.

Smarty enables php to be skinnable so it would be trivial for a
developer to write something that would enable 'skins' that could be
more custom to what people want.

While this wont integrate out of the box with something else, if one
skin is XML formatted data that would enable more intregration with
other apps.

I must admit that due to the volume on this list many posts go deleted
without me reading them, as such I walked into the middle of this
conversation and am unaware of any previously stated requirements for
integration into existing billing software.

As for totally free solutions, I havent even looked, becuase my
requirements and personal tastes will not be suited by any off the shelf
app, and tweaking someone elses code is harder for me than writing my
own (becuase I would first have to learn how they did what they did).

At some point I will put on my webpage the basic format that I used to
insert data into and pull data from the database in a sortable way.  I
have to shut down now to replace some bad ram, but I plan on putting
that up for a friend later today anyway.  That should give someone the
framework to apply rate tables.

Rate tables can be a complex thing, how exactly do you bill?  Tmobile
USA for example uses the start of the call to decide the rate to apply.
If the start of the call is in 'free time' even if the end of the call
is in billable time its a free call.  The inverse is also true, if you
start in billable and carry into free time.  Some other people may
choose to split the minutes when they carry past a certain billrate time
so that only the minutes in given time windows have that specific rate.

For a resort that is most likely not an issue, there is often an
'outside line' fee for all calls plus one rate for 'local' and another
absolute for all long distance.  However your situation may vary in that
regard.  Regardless of how you do it, you must first define it before
anything can be done to implement the rate tables.

If you wish to talk further with me about this, off list would be best
since I cannot possibly read all 150-200 emails per day that come to
this list :/

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com