[Asterisk-Users] Reply-To?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Apr 8 08:08:54 MST 2005

Bruno Hertz wrote:

> <>Jean-Michel Hiver <jhiver at ykoz.net> writes:
> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Oops, sorry for the list reply :/
>
>>> <>Actually, why does the Reply-To point to the Asterisk Users mailing
>>> list? This breaks the reply to sender only / reply to all / list reply
>>> functionality of my mailer. It's really broken :(
>>
>Some would say your mail client is broken. What you're complaining about is generally called 'reply-to munging', and there's been a long discussion about this. Google reveals more, like these two oppositional opinions
>
>http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml
>
>Regards, Bruno.

And there probably will NEVER ba an agreement on this subject.
Another list I am on even went so far as to take a poll, and it was
split right down the middle, half taking the correct position outlined
in the first article, and half  the second, much less flexible,  position..

The really curious thing on this list is every so often, if I choose to
reply, the poster AND the list appear, but mostly just the list, as if
the poster had some control as well.

John Novack