[Asterisk-Users] inquire about connected channel (show channels)

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Apr 8 07:04:58 MST 2005

is there an easier way to ask through the manager api
what the connected channel is for a given channel.

Example: I dont know the session number for SIP/401
but I what to know what channel SIP/401 is connected to.

SIP/401 is presently something like SIP/401-XXXX type session number
and the response to the this command would be
SIP/422-YYYY

where SIP/422-YYYY is the channel and session information that SIP/401
is connected to.

I know this information can be parsed out of "show channels"
but I was just wondering if the is an easier way?

Jerry