[Asterisk-Users] "404 User Not Found" when calling between two X-Lites

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 8 05:43:35 MST 2005

> The configuration for X-Lite in sip.conf:
> [177209]
> ;Turn off silence suppression in X-Lite ("Transmit Silence"=YES)!
> ;Note that Xlite sends NAT keep-alive packets, so qualify=yes is not needed
> type=friend
> ;regexten=1234                 ; When they register, create extension 1234
> ;username=xlite1
> ;callerid="Jane Smith" <5678>
> host=dynamic
> ;nat=yes                       ; X-Lite is behind a NAT router
> ;canreinvite=no                ; Typically set to NO if behind NAT
> disallow=all
> ;allow=gsm                     ; GSM consumes far less bandwidth than ulaw
> allow=ulaw
> ;allow=alaw
>
> [177210]
> ;Turn off silence suppression in X-Lite ("Transmit Silence"=YES)!
> ;Note that Xlite sends NAT keep-alive packets, so qualify=yes is not needed
> type=friend
> ;regexten=1234                 ; When they register, create extension 1234
> ;username=xlite1
> ;callerid="Jane Smith" <5678>
> host=dynamic
> ;nat=yes                       ; X-Lite is behind a NAT router
> ;canreinvite=no                ; Typically set to NO if behind NAT
> disallow=all
> ;allow=gsm                     ; GSM consumes far less bandwidth than ulaw
> allow=ulaw
> ;allow=alaw
>
> The 2 X-Lites  registered well with username 177209 and 177210
> respectively. When I made a call between them, I got "404
> User Not Found" message from asterisk.
>      Any idea?
>
> X-Lites both run on Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
> asterisk 1.07 runs on Red Hat Linux 7.3.

Need to look at "sip show peers" to see if they are actually registered.
My first guess they are not since you likely need
 username=
 secret=
parameters in both of the above examples.

If they are in fact registered, then what "context" are both of these
extensions registered in, and what does that context look like in
extensions.conf?