[Asterisk-Users] Re: Beeps during Sip to Sip phone calls

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 22:26:27 MST 2005

Correct -- I experience the same with the Sipura ATA's. Certain people
more than others seem to trigger the DTMF detection (especially on the
oooohs, and aaaahs).

> Switching to in-band fixes it.  Well, works around it. :)
That's only an option on G711, I think. Other codecs (G729, G726)
can't transmit in-band DTMF (reliably), no?

> Grandstream has the same problem. Very common.
I never experienced it with Grandstreams...

> A simple DTMF debouncer curcuit will fix it.
As long as it can get done in firmware, great. I don't want to
modify/add-on tens of ATA's all over the place...

--Luki