[Asterisk-Users] Using manager interface to play aanouncments in a MeetMe

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 7 17:31:16 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 15:17 -0700, Dan Austin wrote:
> I am wrapping up a PHP addon script to my scheduling
> framework and have it properly tracking and closing
> conferences.
>
> I need to play an announcement into the room that the
> conference will end soon.  I haven't found a great way
> to do that.  One way that I have thought of, but would
> like to avoid is adding a Playback command to the
> MeetMeAdmin commands.

One way that comes to mind with me is have an extension that would play
a 'about to kick you off' message, then create a .call file and toss it
in the outgoing queue (fairly simple text file) have that join the
conference in question, anounce itself and then leave (or the extension
hangs up).

Should be able to do this with only a few minutes of work to create the
extension in extensions.conf and a script to write to the outgoing queue
directory.  I have written simmilar things and if you get stuck on this
method I could help you.

If this is not suitable then I am afraid I cant be of much help.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com