[Asterisk-Users] Re: Beeps during Sip to Sip phone calls

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Thu Apr 7 17:14:15 MST 2005

Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

>Daryll Strauss wrote:
>
>> Yep, I've seen it and from reading http://www.voxilla.com it's a
>> pretty common problem.
>>
>> If you turn on debugging what you'll see is that the Sipura has
>> mistakenly detected a DTMF code in the audio stream and is relaying it
>> by repeating the signal (very loudly I might add)
>>
>> So this appears to be a bug in the most current firmware. I've
>> reported it to Sipura including the debug output. Maybe more people
>> should do the same.
>
>You'd think that switching to RFC2833 DTMF would fix that.

That is actually the problem.  It thinks it hears DTMF so it sends an
out-of band signal.  The other end receives this and produces the
audible tone.

Switching to in-band fixes it.  Well, works around it. :)

Doug
--
Doug Meredith (doug.meredith at systemguard.com)
SystemGuard - Oracle remote support