[Asterisk-Users] zaptel.conf digium and quadBri together (e1 and isdn together)

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Apr 7 15:41:51 MST 2005

Hello Victor:

Are you using the QuadBRI from Junghanns?

If so, this is a configuration that works for me in the UK, one single
E1 board and the QuadBRI.  As I recall, the order of loading is
important (see way below):

ZAPTEL.CONF

loadzone=nl
defaultzone=nl

# qozap span definitions
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
span=2,0,3,ccs,ami
span=3,0,3,ccs,ami
span=4,0,3,ccs,ami

# E1 definition:
span=5,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

#BRI's:
bchan=1,2
dchan=3
bchan=4,5
dchan=6
bchan=7,8
dchan=9
bchan=10,11
dchan=12

#E1:
bchan=13-27,29-43
dchan=28

ZAPATA.CONF

[channels]
;
; Default language
;
;language=en
;
; Default context
;
;
switchtype = euroisdn

; p2mp TE mode (for connecting ISDN lines in point-to-multipoint mode)
signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp

; define 4 BRI's:
pridialplan = unknown
prilocaldialplan = unknown
echocancel = yes
context=incoming
group = 1
channel => 1-2
group = 2
channel => 4-5
group = 3
channel => 7-8
group = 4
channel => 10-11
group = 9

;and the E1
pridialplan = unknown
signalling=pri_net               <- this is because I'm connecting to a
Dialogic board
                              in another system, not the PSTN.. Would
normally be pri_cpe
channel => 13-27,29-43

IN YOUR SYSTEM REBOOT ROUTINE:

#following for Quad BRI system:
cd /usr/src/bri/bri-stuff.0.1.0-RC2g/qozap
modprobe -v zaptel >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 1
insmod -v qozap.o >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 1

# following for single E1 system
modprobe -v wct1xxp >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log
sleep 4

#ztcfg -vv >>/var/log/asterisk/modprobe.log       <- NOTE THAT ztcfg
commented out, Junghanns issue
#sleep 3

startast

sleep 3