[Asterisk-Users] x100p disconnect on "D" tone

Brian Leyton bleyton at cpe-corp.com
Thu Apr 7 15:04:03 MST 2005

I've seen this or similar questions in the archives, but haven't seen a
solution yet.

I'm trying to use an FXO card to connect to a PBX (Toshiba DK-424).
Currently I'm testing with an x100p, but eventually I'll be using TDM400s
with FXO & FXS modules.  The Asterisk box is not detecting disconnect from
the Toshiba, which is not surprising, since the Toshiba is not capable of
providing disconnect supervision.  What the Toshiba can do, is provide an
"A" tone upon connection, and a "D" tone upon disconnect.

I need to find a way for Asterisk to detect the DTMF "D" tone, and use that
to determine that the PBX has disconnected.

Is there any way to do this?  Will this require modifying code, or is there
some way to tell the Zaptel driver to look for the "D" tone?

Brian Leyton
IT Manager
Commercial Petroleum Equipment