[Asterisk-Users] Database lookups?

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Thu Apr 7 14:52:35 MST 2005

Jan Johansson wrote:

> Is it possible (How complicated is it?) to do this;
> IVR plays the usual “please type your order number, finish with pound”

> Then I would like to query a MSSQL database server, looking up the
> “Status” column from a row where ordernr = the entered order number.

> Depending on the result of the lookup, play one of two messages  (“Yes,
> ready for pickup” or “No, your order is not ready”).

> Can someone clue me in on which docs I should start with? Or is there an
> example of this somewhere?

If Perl is your thing then take a look at:
http://ruk.ca/code/amazon.pl

This is a script which plays a prompt message, accepts a number (in this case
an ISBN), does a lookup based on that data, then plays a response.  If you
can hack the database lookup part yourself, then this script should give you
a framework for what you need.

Steve