[Asterisk-Users] Voice controlled calling?

magnus magnus at mcomwifi.net
Thu Apr 7 13:34:45 MST 2005

Hello all, rumours reach me of a way that the UK incumbent operator is
planning to compete with VOIP by offering voice activated dialling, e.g.
pick up the handset and through speech dial from your personnel directory,
this leads me to wonder if this could be performed with Asterisk and
Festival? I have looked in the WiKi and goggled, but can find no information
on if this is possible, (particularly with SIP?) hence this question, has
anyone achieved this?
Intent would be to make is simple for non technical person - E.g.  Grandma
picks up the phone, does not have to worry about entering any digits and
then makes call by voice control - for example "call daughter" etc.  The key
here is not to need any human interaction with the phone, other then picking
up handset, the rest controlled by voice.
Many thanks
Magnus