[Asterisk-Users] Call Interception

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu Apr 7 08:36:16 MST 2005

Hi,

You can create the dialplan yourself to facilitate this. You know what
extension matches what channel i.e. if you have:

exten = 123,1,Dial(SIP/foo)
exten = 124,1,Dial(SIP/bar)

And you want to use 98<num> to pickup a specific extension, you could do:

exten = 98000,1,PickupChan(SIP/foo&SIP/bar)
exten = 98123,1,PickupChan(SIP/foo)
exten = 98124,1,PickupChan(SIP/bar)

Ofcourse, this can be automated quite easily with database lookups and
whatnot. Let your imagination roll about the concept. (I wrote PickupChan
based on Klaus Peter's work because I needed to lookup more flexible groups
and we use databases for a lot of the links between channels and extensions.

Best regards,
Florian