[Asterisk-Users] X100p, IRQ and Noises

Antonio José dos Santos Brandão brandao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:37:08 MST 2005

People,

I'm running 3 x100p cards in a server, with the following output from
/proc/interrupts.
CPU0
0: 295346545 XT-PIC timer
1: 70 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
5: 295256721 XT-PIC wcfxo
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
9: 302649888 XT-PIC acpi, eth0, wcfxo
11: 295260078 XT-PIC wcfxo
12: 312 XT-PIC i8042
14: 198754 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

As you can see, there is a conflict between eth0, wcfxo and acpi.
I'm getting problems with noise. But it's randmon: sometimes in zap/1,
sometimes in zap/2 and sometimes in zap/3. The questions:

- shouldn't the noiset occur allways in the same card (the card within the
irq conflict)?
- how to get sure the noises are result from the IRQ conflict?
- how to disable one card and getting of IRQ conflicts, considering that I
have only remote access to the machine (it's 250km away from me)
- the bios/motherboard doesn' allows me to change IRQs for each pci slot. Is
there another way to balance IRQs? There is IRQ numbers unnused...

I've done tests with many codecs. The network bandwidth is ok.

tks a lot. Any comment is welcome.

--
Antonio José dos Santos Brandão
Virgos Tecnologia da Informação