[Asterisk-Users] Call Interception

Ivan Meic (Vox Mundi) ivan at vox-mundi.net
Thu Apr 7 07:00:18 MST 2005

> What you are asking for (in US terms) is directed call pickup.
>
> Asterisk does not have a directed call pickup implemented
> within it. Not sure how one would try to implement that, but
> a guess would be that it would require an external script
> or app of some sort.

Actually I've just tested this. I'm using * 1.0.7 with bristuff.
There is an application PickupChan:

*CLI> show application PickupChan
*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'PickupChan' =-

[Synopsis]:
Channel independent call pickup.

[Description]:
  PickupChan(Technology/resource[&Technology2/resource2...]):  Tries to
pickup the first ringing channel in the parameter list.

It's working fine, although I'm not sure if it comes with asterisk or with
bristuff ...