[Asterisk-Users] how can i connect a cost display on asterisk

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 06:04:39 MST 2005

> Is it possible to connect a display that shows the costs of a call in
> progress?

We are doing a 100% asterisk based software/hardware solution for
callshops. The hardware part consists of little boxes with an LCD that
displays information on the call, including number/name of dialed
number, duration, cost, etc, all in real time.

The boxes are connected to a 'master box' that at the same time is
connected through the serial port to the asterisk server. It does not
use polarity reversals or tones from the phone company, but just
asterisk status, so it can work in a pure voip environment, without
regular pots lines.

The operator has a console where he can view the status of each box
(using my Flash Operator Panel), including the cost for the call when
it ends, and the latest CDRs for every phone booth. It can
enable/disable phone booths, manage rates, etc.

The product is not yet finished, but its progressing nicely. If you
are interested in see how does it looks like, drop me a note off list.

Regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina