[Asterisk-Users] Problems with new Asterisk@Home install and Broadvoice, no incoming calls

Craig Simon linux at craigsimon.net
Wed Apr 6 20:18:55 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

Let me apologize in advance.  I have spent some time googleing looking
for my issue and as of yet been unable to resolve it.  Here is what I am
doing.

I am installing a new AAH server for my use.  I have a Cisco 7060 and
7920 for my eventual use.  I currently have a broadvoice account that I
am using with a Sipura 3000 and analog phone.  I have installed AAH and
gotten outbound calling to work perfectly. I am testing this with the
x-lite softphone, and in can complete outgoing calls. However I can not
get inbound calling to work at all.  Every time I try to call my number
I immediately get the Broadvoice voicemail.

Here are my configs.

[sip.conf]

; Note: If your SIP devices are behind a NAT and your Asterisk
;  server isn't, try adding "nat=1" to each peer definition to
;  solve translation problems.

[general]

port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
context=from-broadvoice
callerid = Unknown

externip=1.2.3.4
localnet=192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0

[sip_additional.conf]

register=>925124567 at sip.broadvoice.com:REMOVED:9251234567 at sip.broadvoice.com/500

[500]
username=500
type=friend
secret=123
qualify=no
port=5060
pickupgroup=
nat=never
mailbox=500 at default
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callgroup=
callerid="Craig Simon" <500>
allow=

[from-broadvoice]
username=9251234567
user=9251234567
type=user
secret=REMOVED
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
context=from-broadvoice
#type=user

[sip.broadvoice.com]
username=9251234567
type=peer
secret=REMOVED
qualify=yes
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=9251234567
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
canreinvie=no
authname=9251234567

[my extensions.conf has this tidbit added to it at the top]

# my changes
[from-broadvoice]
;This extension line will ring SIP
;extension 2001 for 60 seconds then hang up. Modify as necessary to fit
your dialplan
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/500,60,tr)
exten => s,2,hangup

Not sure if anyone needs any additional information to figure out what I
am screwing up here.  Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks
Craig