[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Slack 10.0

Gary Guthary gguthary at jtech.net
Wed Apr 6 18:12:45 MST 2005

Hello -

I'm (VERY) new to the mailing list.

And after seeing some of the postings here, I can also see that I'm also
VERY new to the Asterisk game. - WOW!  I can see this'll take a while to
'catch up' (if that ever happens).

You folks have enough room for one more to play?

Without boring a lot of you & trying to practice a little -
'user-list-etiquitte', I'll keep this short.

I just got my dev-kit & am trying to get Asterisk compiled & running on a
Slack-10.0 box (2.4.26 kernel). - Reason is that I have 7-8 yrs experience
on Slack & little with R/H & none with Fedora. - Besides, the docs with
'cutesy' little CD that came with the dev-kit don't match up with the Fedora
release levels that are on line today. - Decided to give up & go back to
slack-10.0 (since 2.4.26 is 'somewhat' supported).

If there's anybody out there that's done something similar on a slack box,
I'd like to talk to you.

If I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm sorry. - Could somebody please steer
me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Gary