[Asterisk-Users] SIP - SIP Problems

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Wed Apr 6 17:59:40 MST 2005

I'd personally be using Ethereal to look inside the SIP messages for the SDP
info and checking the source/destination of the resultant RTP stream.
One-way audio is typical of NAT issues. Although you are running a VPN (of
sorts) I suspect that your SDP messages are getting screwed up somewhere.

What are the asterisk NAT settings in effect for each of the SIP phones? I'd
be inclined to turn them both ON to ensure that symmetrical RTP in being
used. Also make sure that canreinvite is OFF for both.