[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Outgoing Audio

Bellows, Jared jmbell at byu.edu
Wed Apr 6 13:27:56 MST 2005

I'm a Cisco 7940 phone using SCCP.  My setup is a private network with
the * box acting as dhcp server and also tftp server.  The phone loads
and dials out fine.  I can hear the other person, but there is no
outgoing audio.  I've read that this is an RTP problem and have tried
making some changes in /etc/hosts to point to my * box IP but with no
luck.  When I do a tcpdump I see that the RTP packets are sent to
0.0.0.0.  How do I get the phone to send to the * box?

Thanks