[Asterisk-Users] NOTICE: chan_sip:7654 handle_request: Registeration failed HELP !!

Manjit Riat manjit at riat.net
Wed Apr 6 11:12:50 MST 2005

Hi,
   I have a setup asterisk with 4 extensions with asterisk & 3 extensions on
public IP and one extension behind a NAT. All works great. Today I tried
installing X-lite for my friends in Dubai (ISP uses a proxy server/NAT) and
I get this error

Apr  6 10:51:41 NOTICE[1213]: chan_sip.c:7654 handle_request: Registration
from 'Someone <sip:someone at 208.xxx.xxx.xxx>' failed for '217.xxx.xxx.xxx'

I have this in sip.conf

[someone]
type=friend
host=dynamic
nat=yes
dtmfmode=inband
username=someone
secret=someone
context=sip
callerid="Someone" <5>
mailbox=5
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Is that a problem on my end or config problems on the X-lite?

I know someone had a extension from Dubai working. So could someone help me.

Thank You